Sunday, May 6, 2007

Somebody kicked me in my Budokon!

I have to say, there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to stand on one foot for any length of time. Even more frustrating is to try and put that foot out in front of you with your hands in the air like you just don't care. AND maintain this position while breathing deeply and simultaneously check to see how many of the other people in the room seem to have no problem with balancing on one foot. I could almost hear the air through the vents whisper, "Luh'hooozer..."

Admittedly, this was a pretty cool class. I had missed the first Budokon class - shhh, don't tell Tonya - so of course, I had NO idea what the heck I was doing, but I'm sure she couldn't tell because all of my movements were SO precise... I didn't leave the safety zone of my yoga mat for the first 3/4 of the class and still I had sweat pouring in my eyes. Then I heard we were going to do animal poses and I'm thinking "Yay, poses! How hard can that be?" But apparently, you have to animate the animals as well - hellllo? I don't think I need to point out that THAT part of the exercise class needs some serious renaming. All of my animals looked like unfortunate safari victims and at one point during the "iguana pose" I would have paid someone to turn me into a nice lamp shade.

On the upside, there's nothing like telling your in-shape 20 year old daughter that "Man, Budokon is awesome you should try it, here feel my butt...come onnnn feel it!" She was impressed. I'm just sure of it.

No comments: